I had a dear friend, Ashley Haupt who recommended to me a great book, 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp that has changed my perspective on “giving thanks in all things”. It has actually rocked my whole world! You will have to read it to find out what it’s all about. Since having read it, I have been learning to spot all the blessing from the Lord all around me. I started keeping a Gratitude journal writing down things from the day, or week that I have seen the Lord’s hand in. The challenge is to get to 1000 gifts. It’s been amazing how much of the Lord I am finding even in the ordinary, seemingly pointless things.
I am starting a “Multitude Monday’s” blog where I write down things I am thanking and praising the Lord for. I will actually be linked to Ann’s blog along with many others who are joining in on counting our blessings.
Many times the things I thank Him for are simple and almost forgetful. But that is where I have gone wrong so much in the past. Those are the things we must learn to see as blessings, then we can see more of God all around us. It is a work in progress but it’s amazing how the simple act of giving thanks in ALL things can change your life. I know there will be more posts on this topic to come. Today, I just wanted to introduce my gratitude list for Monday’s.
Moments of Gratitude: #332-#343
- A quiet morning to get caught up around the house
- Our house all in order
- A stocked pantry- still using our Walmart cards from the wedding!
- Thank-you’s DONE and in the mail
- Meals planned for the week
- A kiss as he heads out the door to provide for us
- Forgiveness from him when my ugly side shows
- Finding a solid Church with ministry opportunities
- A heart swelling at the thought of ministering to International students
- A reminder of my utter sinfulness and God’s abundant grace
- Gospel filled preaching and songs
- Talking with a dear friend even through facebook inboxes this morning
- Starting my 100 Days calendar
- Laughing with friends into late Friday night
- Time together and his thoughtfulness this weekend
- Inspiring instrumental music this morning instead of the din of TV
- Words of encouragement and wisdom from both sets of parents this weekend
- My new driver’s license- my new name and new state
- Having a purpose at work
- A sense of accomplishment at being productive on my day off
- Cooking dinner for my husband
“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name O Most High.” ~~Psalms 9:1-2